“The problem is not the problem.
The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?”
— Captain Jack Sparrow
The optimist says: “The glass is half-full.”
The pessimist says: “The glass is half-empty”.
…………. And while they are arguing, the pragmatist takes the glass and drinks it!
Alright, I know that there’s nothing new here. The answer to the question about the glass being half full or half empty is irrelevant.
The facts are:
1. You have made an observation;
2. You have processed the information based upon your beliefs of how the world works;
3. You have created a unique perception, or interpretation, of your observation
4. You have attributed some positive, neutral or negative evaluation related to your perception;
5. You have feelings, whether you like, dislike or are ambivalent about your observation;
6. You have a predisposition to respond to your observation in a predictable manner (this component is your attitude).
Check out how The Black Knight in “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” responds to a situation that most of us would interpret very differently!
While the Black Knight’s response is absurd, you must admire his positive attitude!
How do you see your glass?
Again, what matters is how you feel about and how you respond to what you observe.
If you want to fill your glass, focus on those things that you want to attract, rather than on the things that you want to avoid.
We are attracted to people who have a generally positive attitude toward life, even when things aren’t going so well.
Jack Sparrow has it. The Black Knight has it. Do you have it?
A positive attitude can make a huge difference in the way you feel and the way others feel about you!
P.S. If you want to get more consistent leads and learn how to convert them into business this year, check out how you can Monetize Social Media. Click here to learn more.